My last selfie as a 26 year oldDo you ever have those days where you wake up and just feel bleh? You’re not mad at anything in particular, you just have this unexplained grumpiness plaguing you? Basically, the only thing that sounds appealing to you is hopping back into bed and possibly starting the day over. It’s not often I feel this way, but turning 27 sort of has me like this. Unexplained grumpiness. I hate to sound so negative but sometimes you just can’t help it.
I at least like to think that when I feel this way it is an indicator that something needs to change. It could be something minuscule like waking up 15 minutes later to feel more refreshed, or allowing yourself to eat chocolate, or it could be something HUGE like an attitude adjustment. Either way, take the sign and make it happen. Whatever it is.
My thoughts on 27:
- The older I get, the more I am ok with saying “no.”
- Pick and choose your battles. Let the small things go.
- Being healthy + fit keeps me happy.
- Reading is my ultimate therapy.
- I like what I like. The price or designer does not play a factor.
- Travel is the most important luxury to me.
- Compatibility isn’t always key for my relationships to work.
- A solid 5 friends is more important than 50 acquaintances.
- I officially do not feel like I am missing out on anything.
- Time is my most valuable possession and I plan to spend it wisely.
- Solidarity is nice.
- Water keeps my complexion clear + fresh.
- Paying off debt feels really good.
- Judgement is ugly. I’m guilty of it, but doing it in my sweatpants does put things into perspective.
- Being crafty has paid off.
- I love wine.
- Helping others tap into their creativity makes me extremely happy.