DIY NAPKIN RINGS
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I searched on Pinterest for a DIY napkin solution the day before Thanksgiving. I was literally stopped in the middle of Target frantically scrolling through 100’s of pins when it dawned on me that all I would need is something cylindrical and the rest would be easy. My solution to everything: spray paint! Being a plumber’s daughter I of course realized that 1″ PVC pipe would do the trick 😉
After a quick trip to Home Depot, $11 later I was headed home to begin my craft. I already owned the gold spray paint (duh), and used decorative tape to shape my “design.” Let me just say that if I had more time I would have been a little more picky and made the tape pieces thinner. Also, I would have called me dad to find a way to sand down end to be completely smooth. Everyone was pretty impressed when they found out I made them last minute so I’m not mad about it.
What You Need:
- 1″ PVC pipe (sold pre-cut at Home Depot)
- Spray paint
- Painters tape
- Nail polish remover
What To Do:
- Use the nail polish remover to wipe off the SKU number printed on the pipe.
- Cut pieces of tape and place on the pipe to create your “design.”
- Spray paint the entire pipe.
- Flip over and spray a second coat.
- Remove tape.
- Voila! Let dry overnight.