I’m not above an easy dish. I definitely have nights when cooking is the last thing I want to do (or have thought about), which means it’s an “easy dinner” night. That’s actually a term Paul and I use when we both have just had a crazy day and cooking is not an option. Back in the day, as in, like, a year ago, it would be a mac-n-cheese night. But this year I’ve been extra conscious of our eating, especially at home, and I’ve acquired so many great, easy recipes that take less than 30 minutes for lazy days.
This one in particular is one of my favorites–it’s super yummy, takes under 30 minutes, and isn’t really that awful for you. If you shop at Trader Joe’s you might be familiar with their Goddess dressing and you know how yummy it is. If you don’t, it’s a sesame-based dressing that resembles the flavor of tahini. It’s creamy and a little tangy, but overall a really nice & light sauce that can be thrown over pasta.
All the ingredients that I will list below are from TJ’s (this is totally not sponsored, by the way), as I make my weekly grocery run there and these are definitely always found in my cart if they aren’t already in my pantry. However, I don’t buy my chicken at TJ’s–I prefer Whole Foods or Gelsons for that.
GODDESS CHICKEN + PASTA
What you need
- Trader Joe's Goddess Dressing
- Pappardelle pasta
- Chicken breast
- Fresh reggiano cheese
- Salt + Pepper
- Olive Oil
What to do
- In a pot boil some water with a pinch of salt.
- Coat your chicken with salt + pepper.
- Cook the chicken in a pan with olive oil until browned.
- Cook your pasta as instructed on the bag (usually no more than 7 minutes so it's al dente).
- Strain the pasta, return to pot and pour the dressing in, mix well.
- Serve each plate with chicken and pasta & top with the fresh reggiano.