It’s no secret I love a spicy margarita. It’s pretty much my go-to cocktail but it has to be fresh. There is nothing I dislike in a cocktail more than fakey ingredients. At my birthday party last week I was sipping fresh spicy margs out of my fun disco ball tumbler and it inspired me to recreate the recipe at home. It’s shockingly very simple but you do need to have TONS of fresh limes. Since the drink is primarily made up of lime juice you want to make sure they are good. Below I’ve outlined the ingredients and instructions so you can concoct yourself a classic spicy margarita.
- 1 part Tequila (I used Viva 32 tequila…HOW cute is that bottle?!)
- 2 Fresh limes, juiced
- 3-4 Jalapeno slices (save extra for garnish)
- 1 tspn honey or agave
- Cilantro for garnish
- Sea salt
HOW TO MAKE:
- Muddle the jalapeno & lime juice in a shaker.
- Add the honey / agave to the shaker & mix up.
- Rim your glass with lime & salt, & add ice.
- Strain the cocktail over the ice.
- Garnish with jalapeno slices & fresh cilantro.
A special THANK YOU to Viva 32 for providing the tequila for my party. Not only is your bottle aesthetically pleasing, the tequila is ON POINT!