Yesterday I touched ground in freezing NYC and was immediately struck with the desire for an expertly mixed cocktail. Thursday night usually means it is almost Friday, which then translates to me wanting a pre-weekend cocktail so it was only natural for me to scour Soho for a hole-in-the-wall mixology bar. Mid-search hunger took over and I settled for a vegan meal (mixed reviews on that) instead of my sought after cocktail. The next best thing? Pretending to make a virtual cocktail that will inspire you to shake one up at home!
Prickly Pear Moscow Mule
- 2 oz Mezcal
- 6 oz ginger beer
- 1 oz prickly pear syrup
- 2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno
- Sprinkle salt on a plate and set aside. Run a cut lime along the rim of the glasses. Dip the rim in the salt covered plate. Set the glasses aside.
- Muddle the lime juice and jalapeño at the bottom of a shaker until well combined.
- Add the Mezcal, a few cubes of ice and the prickly pear syrup. Shake vigorously until well combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the two tumblers.
- Pour the ginger beer into the glasses until the drink reaches the top of the glass. Stir.
- Garnish the drink with a few jalapeño slices for added bite.