I’ve been all around LA for brunch and seem to always end up ordering the same type of meal–avocado toast with eggs. After mimosas, of course, my entire meal is upward of $30 and I’m a little sick of it. If you grocery shop at all you know how much bread, avocado, lemon, and salt cost, and it it doesn’t justify a quadruple (at least) mark-up. If we are talking about adding truffle salt and/or oil and chili flakes then ok, add 1 or 2 dollars. But still. So basically I am boycotting brunch on account of over-priced avo toast and will share with you how to achieve that perfect LA-restaurant style perfection.
THE $12 AVOCADO TOAST
- Wheat or grain bread
- 1 avocado, mashed
- Truffle salt
- Truffle oil
- 1 lemon wedge
- Chili flakes
- Toast your bread.
- Mash your avocado in a bowl.
- Drizzle truffle oil over your toasted bread.
- Spread the mashed avocado over the toast.
- Squeeze the entirety of the lemon over the toast.
- Sprinkle truffle salt over the toast (as much as desired).
- Top off with chili flakes.
Voila! Enjoy restaurant-grade avocado toast for $12 (for the whole week!).