MY SKINCARE ROUTINE
I know you guys have been waiting a while for me to share this, but I’ve been refining the routine for quite some time and really wanted to divulge everything once it made sense and I saw results. When it comes to beauty, skincare is my priority. To me, makeup is just there to enhance your natural beauty, which is why healthy skin is always the goal. Looking healthy starts from within (we all know this), and with skincare you often have to trust the process since a lot of it is working internally (aka, you don’t see immediate results). Hence the reason I’ve waited to share my skincare routine–I needed time to test everything out properly.
In this video I share a story about my visit to Paris a few years back and how I fell in love with a skincare line I thought was was French. It turned out the skincare line was, in fact, made & sold in the United States and that line is SkinCeuticals.
Fast forward a few years and I’m sitting at lunch with the SkinCeuticals team, including a scientist who develops the products, learning all about their latest research and developments to help our skin fight environmental factors we have no control over (ie: UV rays, pollution, etc.). As I approach age 30, gaining knowledge beyond just what’s written on the label of a skincare product is extremely thrilling to me. I like to know how products work–which ingredients do what, what to look for in a product, how to minimize signs of aging, & so on.
Everyday we are exposed to sunlight and pollution, which contribute our skin’s atmospheric aging. If that’s a new term to you don’t worry, it was to me as well. In a nutshell, these aggressors include UVA rays and ozone pollution (among other things), and will visibly increase the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, and discoloration (no, no, no, & no thanks!). To help prevent, correct, and protect your skin from all of the above, SkinCeuticals has developed daytime antioxidants that help neutralize atmospheric aging. When paired with a sunscreen your defense becomes doubly protected.
Going home that night I was nervous and excited to try the new routine they gave me since I wasn’t sure how my face would react (and hi, it’s my face!). But just like that time in Paris, I was instantly hooked on every product all over again. The routine leaves my face looking hydrated and “glowy,” just like I like it, and the best part is it’s protecting and correcting my skin from atmospheric aging. It also helps that a study by Skin Ceuticals is published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology…these people are not messing around!
Watch the video for a recap, and a complete breakdown of the products I use and the order in which I use them.
MY SKINCARE ROUTINE:
1. Rinse face with water. I like to start with a fresh face each morning, starting with some cold-ish water, and allow it to air dry. No towel.
2. C E Ferulic. This Vitamin C serum is developed to protect your skin from environmental factors and helps improve the appearance of wrinkles, loss of firmness, and brightens the skin’s complexion.
3. H.A. Intensifier. If you can properly say hyaluronic acid (HA) in the first try I’m jealous. This product is currently my favorite. I’ve never used a serum that hydrates my skin in such a visible way. But this serum doesn’t just hydrate–it actually has a high concentration of pure hyaluronic acid, Proxylane and purple rice extract to help renew plumpness, elasticity, and firmness. The HA is there to regulate your moisture levels, and in turn leaves your face looking resilient and glowing.
4. Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50. I’m very aggressive about protecting my face in the sun every single day. On a trip, I’m even more gnarly. This sunscreen is the best because it’s sheer. Meaning, you won’t have that white residue that changes your skin color or makes your makeup funky. It’s super lightweight and protecting.
1. Remove makeup. Always, always, always, always take off your makeup at night. Even if you’re too tired, drunk, or not wearing that much…DO IT.
2. Foaming Cleanser. After the makeup is removed I wash my entire face with this foaming cleanser. It’s really important to get your hairline and neck as well. This cleanser is gentle but effective, which is exactly what I like since my skin can be a little on the dry side.
3. H.A. Intensifier. I do this twice per day. It’s so moisturizing you can even stop at this point, but I like to give my skin that extra hydration by adding Step 4.
4. Daily Moisture Cream. This cream is nutrient-rich and helps minimize the appearance of pores. At night there is no better feeling than going to sleep with a thick layer of this on my face.
If you have any questions for me about these products or SkinCeuticals in general, feel free to leave them below in the comments.
This post is in collaboration with SkinCeuticals. As always, all opinions are my own.