I’ve been hitting the mocktails hard since finding out I’m pregnant. Basically it just helps me feel included and part of the celebration when I’m out at events or dinners and the only one who cannot have a glass of wine or champagne. To be honest, sometimes the mocktails are just as good as the real deal and the best part is you don’t have a hangover! WINNING! They do tend to be on the sugar-y side though, so I try to limit it to 1 mocktail at a time. When I’m at home hanging by the pool, serving Princess Paul his crisp rosé having the worst FOMO of my life, I like to mix up a mocktail for myself that isn’t full of sugar and takes 2 seconds. It’s the closest thing I’ll get to an Aperol Spritz these days and it’s pretty aesthetically pleasing if I do say so myself. In fact, this mocktail was on the drink menu at my baby shower since I love how refreshing and easy it is. I can actually see myself continuing to drink these even after I’m no longer pregnant because they are that good. Scroll down for the super simple recipe!
GRAPEFRUIT SPRITZER MOCKTAIL
- 1 fresh grapefruit (you can 100% use a grapefruit juice, but fresh squeezed is WAY better!), juiced
- Pellegrino (or any brand of sparkling water)
- Lavender (for garnish)
HOW TO MAKE:
- In your fanciest wineglass, fill halfway with ice.
- Pour in the grapefruit juice to fill the glass halfway.
- Fill the rest with sparkling water.
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit & a sprig or 2 of lavender.