WHAT YOU NEED:
+ chicken breast (I usually do 1-1.25lbs for us 4)
+ 2-3 bell peppers (red and yellow / orange)
+ 4-5 garlic cloves
+ 5 tablespoons olive oil
+ 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
+ 1 lemon
+ Salt & pepper
WHAT TO DO:
- Prep your marinate by chopping up bell peppers and mincing garlic.
- In a mixing bowl, add 3 tablespoons olive oil, Dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, bell peppers, garlic, and salt & pepper.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a cast iron pan (or whatever you choose to cook chicken), brown your chicken on both sides in some olive oil and salt and pepper, then remove from heat.
- Using the same pan, pour in mixture and cook down until bell peppers look soft and aromatic. Stir occasionally.
- Pour mixture over your chicken. I like to serve this over a bed of plain pearled cous cous, as it absorbs the juices from this dish nicely.
Tip: If you prefer, you can also cook the chicken and pepper mixture altogether in the oven. When I do this, I layer the chicken in a stainless steel baking dish and pour mixture over the chicken. I cook on 400º for about 20-25 minutes.